Reporting Issues to your Local Council and Government Agencies


There are many 'issues' that effect our quality of life and that of our communities. Dealing with many of these issues can be the responsibility of local councils or government agencies. But to report effectively, we need to know 'who' is technically responsible for 'what' - and how to contact them.

Within the Avon and Somerset area there are;

Unitary authorities;

Bath and North East Somerset Council

Bristol City Council

South Gloucestershire Council

North Somerset Council


County Councils;  

Somerset County Council 

District Councils of Somerset;

Mendip District Council

Sedgemoor District Council

South Somerset District Council

Somerset West and Taunton Council

These councils have the following responsibilities;

A&S Map2.png

And they have the power to issue fixed penalty fines, for example ;

  • graffiti

  • litter

  • fly posting

  • dog offences

For issues associated with highways, street, pavements etc. these can be reported through 'Fix my Street' which is linked directly to the council responsible. Just pop in your postcode; pin-point the issue on a map; provide details; and upload any images. 


Fix my Street.png

SEE it  - REPORT it